UFC 286 was a good occasion. The welterweight headliner went the space, and the light-weight co-headliner was an all-action affair.
The preliminary portion of the cardboard began with Veronica Hardy getting back from a 3-year layoff (!) and incomes a unanimous determination over Juliana Miller. From begin to end, the 27-year-old ran roughshod over Miller, who struggled on the ft with Hardy. Except for some worrisome moments on the bottom, Hardy turned in an awesome efficiency. Jai Herbert vs. Ľudovít Klein was dominated a majority draw. After a back-and-forth combat, the ‘Black Nation Banger’ misplaced some extent after hitting ‘Mr. Spotlight’ with two groin photographs. Joanne Wooden snapped a three-fight dropping streak with a cut up determination in opposition to Luana Carolina. ‘JoJo’ discovered success within the clinch, firing off some punches, elbows and knees that left vital injury on ‘Dread’. Although Carolina began to attach along with her personal punches, it was too little, too late.
Jake Hadley lit the O2 Enviornment on hearth after his 61-second TKO of Malcolm Gordon. ‘White Kong’ went straight to the physique, crushing ‘X’ with a pair of physique photographs that despatched him to the canvas. Hadley completed Gordon off with some ground-and-pound, and that was it! In his post-fight interview with UFC shade commentator Daniel Cormier, Hadley challenged Muhammad Mokaev, with whom he has unfinished enterprise after a resort run-in. The extremely anticipated UFC debut of Christian Leroy Duncan ended anticlimactically, as his opponent — Duško Todorović — collapsed with a knee damage. As they have been up in opposition to the cage, ‘Thunder’ tried warding off a takedown try from ‘CLD’ when he twisted his leg awkwardly. Lerone Murphy received a hard-fought cut up determination in opposition to Gabriel Santos. The ‘Miracle’ was examined A LOT on the bottom by ‘Mosquitinho,’ who was relentless in his pursuit of the takedown.
Muhammad Mokaev improved to 10-0 with a third-round submission of Jafel Filho, however it got here after some probably career-altering adversity. The ‘Punisher’ was dominating till the ‘Pastor’ threw up a decent kneebar try! Mokaev winced, however stayed affected person and waited for Filho to let go. And when he did, the 22-year-old discovered the rear-naked choke. Since his knee was ‘cracking’ your entire time Filho cranked on it, Mokaev could possibly be out for some time. Yanal Ashmouz upset Sam Patterson with a hellacious KO! The ‘Purple Fox’ caught a kick from the ‘Future’ and launched a left hand that floored his opponent. Floor-and-pound adopted, and referee Marc Goddard noticed sufficient. Chris Duncan handed Omar Morales his third straight loss after incomes a cut up determination. Jack Shore was profitable in his first look at featherweight, submitting Makwan Amirkhani to ship us to the pay-per-view. The ‘Tank’ rebounded from a loss to Ricky Simón with this second-round rear-naked choke.
The major portion of the cardboard noticed Marvin Vettori return to the win column with a unanimous determination in opposition to Roman Dolidze. The ‘Italian Dream’ upped his quantity within the second and third rounds, resulting in a clear sweep of the judges’ scorecards. For his subsequent look, Vettori stated he would settle for anybody from Alex Pereira to Jared Cannonier. Jennifer Maia added Casey O’Neill to her résume. The Brazilian went toe-to-toe with the ‘King’ and held her personal in each facet of the combat for the unanimous determination. For O’Neill, that was her first loss as an expert. Gunnar Nelson snatched up a first-round armbar on Bryan Barberena. ‘Gunni’ wasted no time getting ‘Bam Bam’ to the bottom and controlling him till the arm offered itself. Nelson transitioned, and Barberena was pressured to faucet within the closing seconds of the combat. Justin Gaethje vs. Rafael Fiziev lived as much as expectations! The ‘Spotlight’ and ‘Ataman’ exchanged the total time, however it was Gaethje who began getting the higher of Fiziev. He acquired the nod by majority determination.
Leon Edwards got here out on prime in his trilogy with Kamaru Usman, defeating the previous UFC welterweight champion by majority determination. Regardless of getting docked some extent for a fence seize, ‘Rocky’ staved off plenty of the takedowns from the ‘Nigerian Nightmare’ and stayed busy with kicks to the physique and legs.
Efficiency of the Night time: Jake Hadley and Gunnar Nelson
- Jake Hadley def. Malcolm Gordon by TKO (physique photographs) at 1:01 of Spherical 1
- Christian Leroy Duncan def. Duško Todorović by TKO (knee damage) at 1:52 of Spherical 1
- Muhammad Mokaev def. Jafel Filho by submission (rear-naked choke) at 4:32 of Spherical 3
- Yanal Ashmouz def. Sam Patterson by KO (punches) at 1:15 of Spherical 1
- Jack Shore def. Makwan Amirkhani by submission (rear-naked choke) at 4:27 of Spherical 2
- Gunnar Nelson def. Bryan Barberena by submission (armbar) at 4:51 of Spherical 1
Combat of the Night time: Justin Gaethje vs. Rafael Fiziev
- Veronica Hardy def. Juliana Miller by unanimous determination (30-27 x3)
- Jai Herbert vs. Ľudovít Klein dominated a majority draw
- Joanne Wooden def. Luana Carolina by cut up determination (30-27, 29-28, 28-29)
- Lerone Murphy def. Gabriel Santos by cut up determination (28-29, 29-28, 29-28)
- Chris Duncan def. Omar Morales by cut up determination (27-30, 29-28, 29-28)
- Marvin Vettori def. Roman Dolidze by unanimous determination (30-27, 29-28, 29-28)
- Jennier Maia def. Casey O’Neill by unanimous determination (30-27, 29-28, 29-28)
- Justin Gaethje def. Rafael Fiziev by majority determination (29-28, 29-28, 28-28)
- Leon Edwards def. Kamaru Usman by majority determination (48-46, 48-46, 47-47)